Saturday, January 17, 2009

For Cáit (continued)...Im an Addict!




Smokers say it's quite hard to quit. I'm not one...not anymore. A mountain @ 14000 odd feet did what i though would be quite impossible. But of course one must remain addicted to something. I have discovered Tea.
For the past 24 years, I’ve had bed tea served to me. But it’s only in the last six months that I realise how much I crave for a brew. The obsession led me to buy a Twinings pack to last me through this ride, which of course made for an excellent gift to the Tserings.
Here: At Moonpeak Express. Our refuge. An artist’s workshop disguised as a café. Sushmit and I have gulped down kettles full and when we were on the cusp of bankruptcy perhaps two. Through sheer accident I realized that leaving a bit of the magic ingredients in the water keeps the taste going in the cup through a session.
Herbal, Mint, Camomile???, Hibiscus, Lemongrey. Take your pick.

My favourite...naah I like all.
photo credit: Sushmit Ghosh



4 comments:

  1. hahaahhaha :) tea does rule :) it makes everything better :) hmmmm :) I discovered Kapha Tea while I was in Auroville, if you find that try some, it's lovely :) it's quite difficult to describe, it's a blend of spices really, not technically tea, but still fabulous! it has licquorice, lemon grass, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, black pepper and turmeric in. Has a lovely sensation on your throat :) I like the idea of an artists' workshop disguised as a cafe :) it looks like they could do with some more soulful teapots tho! Metal?! Pah :) ceramic all the way! :) It's just given me an idea actually... I've spent too long dithering about what to make in my studio, I should just focus on what I love which is tea, tea cups and pots! what more do I need?! I can really refine them if i focus :) fabulous :) I'm off to do some drawings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe:)
    tell me how those drawings turn out when u actually do:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice pics, dude. Quite jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea was blamed of being the cause for the downfall of the British Empire as told by Ian Fleming in one of his novels. it could be your ruin too:) So my dear bro' here is a free advice form my part: coffee's always better than tea with the varieties of cappuccino and espresso on the menu:)

    ReplyDelete